UK, London, Westminster (SW1P)
My Local Area
The SW (South Western and Battersea) postcode area, also known as the London SW postcode area, is a group of postcode districts covering part of southwest London, England.
SW1 was originally the South Western head district. As it is now of very high density development it has been divided into smaller postcode districts. Where districts are used for purposes other than the sorting of mail, such as use as a geographic reference and on street signs, the SW1 subdivisions continue to be classed as one ‘district’.
List of SW1 postcode districts
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
- SW1A: Whitehall and Buckingham Palace
- SW1E: Between Buckingham Gate and Victoria Station
- SW1H: East of Buckingham Gate
- SW1P: Triangular area between Victoria Station, the Houses of Parliament and Vauxhall Bridge; eastern part of Pimlico
- SW1V: Triangular area between Vauxhall Bridge, Chelsea Bridge and Victoria Station; Pimlico proper
- SW1W: Belgravia, area between Sloane Square and Victoria Station, south of Kings Road
- SW1X: Belgravia, north of Eaton Square, parts of Knightsbridge
- SW1Y: St James’s